A Long and Storied Tradition
The Oracle. Baccalaureate. United Methodist connections. The Miss Huntingdon Pageant. The Red Lady Run. A Service of Lessons and Carols. These are just a few of the many traditions that have built Huntingdon’s history. Traditions are events, moments, and shared experiences: they remind us of a long and well-lived past and promise a future when the College is just as vital and just as loved as it is in the present. When you’re part of Huntingdon, you’re part of a long and storied tradition.
Enriching the Mind, Heart, and Spirit
Huntingdon College offers annual events that support the life of the mind, the heart, and the spirit. Along with scholarly, arts, athletic, social, and service activities, Huntingdon’s annual events have established traditions that bring people together and celebrate the relationships possible when students can know and be known.
- Awards Convocation
- Chapman Benson Lecture Series
- Cheek Concert Series
- Ellison Writers Festival
- Family Weekend
- Jimmy Loeb Southern Writers Series
- Miss Huntingdon Pageant
- The Oracle
- Presidential Convocation
- Service of Lessons and Carols
- Stallworth Lecture Series
Homecoming 2020: October 23–24
More information coming Summer 2020.
Community and Cultural Events
Events listed in chronological order. Check back! This list is updated frequently. For other dates and events see: Academic Calendar; ;
- Huntingdon Concert Choir and Choral Ensembles Performance—Wednesday, January 15, Alabama Music Educators Association Pre-Concert, 6:00 p.m., Aldersgate United Methodist Church
- Huntingdon Concert Choir and Choral Ensembles Performance—Thursday, January 16, Alabama Music Educators Association, 1:00 p.m., Renaissance Hotel and Spa, Ballroom A
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service—Monday, January 20; no classes; offices open
- 100 Days to Graduation—Thursday, January 30, 7:30–10:30 a.m.; Jackson Home 113 (the CCV office)
- CCV Business and Communications Networking Luncheon—Wednesday, February 5, 11:45 a.m., RSVP required
- CCV JC Penney Suit-Up Event, Eastdale Mall—Sunday, February 16, 3:00–6:00 p.m.
- Huntingdon Preview Day—Monday, February 17
- Faculty Recital—Tuesday, February 18, 6:30 p.m., Ligon Chapel
- Presidential Fellows Day—Friday, February 21
- NetVUE Conference—Friday–Saturday, February 21–22
- CCV Career Networking Fair—Monday, February 24, 11:45 a.m.–12:45 p.m., Stallworth Dining Room
- BSU Black History Month Art Event – Monday, February 24, 7:00 p.m., Seay Twins Art Gallery
- Academic Showcase—Thursday, February 27
- The Miss Huntingdon Pageant—Saturday, February 29, 7:00 p.m., Drum Theater
- Concert Choir Spring Tour—March 4–8
- CCV and Black Student Union Professional Networking Symposium—Tuesday, March 10, 3:30–5:00 p.m., Drum Theater
- Vann Vocal Institute Celebrity Recital—Thursday, March 12, 7:00 p.m., Ligon Chapel, Flowers Hall
- Concert Choir Performance—American Choral Directors Regional Convention, March 12–14, Mobile, Ala.
- Vann Vocal Institute Master Classes—Friday–Saturday, March 13–14; master class in Ligon Chapel, Flowers Hall, open to the public
- Vann Vocal Institute Emerging Artists Recital—Saturday, March 14, 5:00 p.m., Ligon Chapel, Flowers Hall
- Huntingdon Winds Spring Concert—Sunday, March 15, 3:00 p.m., Drum Theater
- Greek Week—March 16–20
- CCV Jones School of Law Information Session—Wednesday, March 18, 11:45 a.m.–12:45 p.m., Stallworth Dining Room
- Harald Rohlig Organ Concert Series featuring Dr. James Conely – Thursday, March 19, 7:00p.m., Ligon Chapel, Flowers Hall
- CCV Internship Information Session—Wednesday, April 1, 11:45 a.m.–12:45 p.m., Stallworth Dining Room
- Huntingdon Jazz Ensemble Performance—Friday, April 3, Tallassee Jazz Festival, Tallassee High School, time TBA
- CCV Teacher Education Job Fair—Monday, April 6, 5:30–7:30 p.m., Drum Theater
- AISA Honor Choir–Wednesday, April 8, 8:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m., Delchamps Recital Hall, Ligon Chapel, and Drum Theater
- Huntingdon Concert Choir and Choral Ensembles Spring Concert—Tuesday, April 14, 7:00 p.m., Ligon Chapel, Flowers Hall
- CCV Job Search Information Session—Wednesday, April 15, 11:45 a.m.–12:45 p.m., Wilson 208
- Mr. Huntingdon Competition—Friday, April 16, 7:00 p.m., Drum Theater
- Symphonic Honor Band—Friday–Saturday, April 17–18
- Huntingdon Bands’ High School Symphonic Honor Band—Friday–Saturday, April 17–18; performance Saturday, April 18, 11:30 a.m., Roland Arena
- Huntingdon Winds and Jazz Outdoor Concert—Tuesday, April 21, 2020, 6:00 p.m., Top Stage on The Green; lawn chairs, blankets, picnics welcome (no alcohol or pets allowed)
- CCV Professional Head Shots—Wednesday, April 22, 11:45 a.m.–12:45 p.m., on The Green
- Jazz Band Recruiting Tour—May 3–5
- Baccalaureate—Friday, May 8, 5:00 p.m., Ligon Chapel, Flowers Hall
- Commencement Exercises—Saturday, May 9; 9:00 a.m., Traditional Day Program; 6:00 p.m., Evening Studies Program
This list is current as of February 17, 2020 but events are subject to change and new events are added frequently. To verify event information or to be placed on an e-mail mailing list for Cultural Events, contact Su Ofe in the Office of Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org or (334) 833-4515.
Huntingdon College’s Cultural and Community Events are co-sponsored by Baptist Health.Willette
Bridge to the Top
Your final march as a Huntingdon College student begins at Flowers Hall in Ligon Chapel and ends at Top Stage on the Green (weather permitting). As you walk across the stage, you will begin the rest of your life. Your memories and shared experiences will be the catalysts that call you home to Huntingdon for Homecoming celebrations in future years.
超pen个人公开视频在线观看,中日高清字幕版在线观看NOTE: The Baccalaureate service for traditional day students (5:00 p.m. on the evening preceding Commencement Exercises) and both Commencement Exercises are simulcast.
Commencement 2020: Saturday, May 9, 2020, on the Green (weather permitting)
- Traditional Day Students: 9:00 a.m.
- Evening Bachelor’s Degree Graduates: 6:00 p.m.